Turney & Associates proud members of the Equity Release Council – Cambridge Equity Release Broker Retirement Mortgage
March 9th, 2017
The Equity Release Council exists to promote high standards of conduct and practice in the area of and advice on equity release. The Council represents the providers, qualified financial advisers, solicitors, intermediaries and surveyors who work in the equity release sector. At Turney & Associates Ltd are proud to be a member of Equity Release Council as a registered Equity Release Broker.
Our Equity Release Specialist Brokers are fully qualified and have completed a Certificate in Regulated Equity Release (CeRER) alongside their Mortgage Advisory & Practice qualifications and have a vast experience in the area of Equity Release.
As a member of the Equity Release Council, we are expected to guarantee our clients products and services that we offer conform to the best practices of the Equity Release sector by ensuring our clients receive full communications from us and progressively protected. Here at Turney & Associates we adhere to the Equity Release Council’s standards which are to maintain safe and accessible products for our clients.
By being a member of the highly respected Equity Release Council, you can trust that you will receive the same high level of standards and guarantees set by the Council for advisors here at Turney & Associates.
This is an overview of the ‘Standard of Conduct’ set by the Equity Release Council for Advisors:
- Ensure that all actions taken by Turney & Associates promote public confidence in equity release as a potential retirement solution
- Turney & Associates acts at all times in utmost good faith
- Communicate high expectations for equity release outcomes in all dealings made by Turney & Associates
- Ensure conflicts of interest are managed fairly and reduced to the lowest practical level
- Exercise due skill, care and diligence in all that is done and uphold the standards set out by professional bodies at all times
- Always act with the best interests of clients being paramount, treating customers fairly in all actions.
- Our Advisers comply with the Financial Conduct Authority’s (FCA’s) rules governing the sale of equity release products.
- Explain that it is a requirement for all customers to receive independent legal advice when taking out an equity release product
For more information on the Equity Release Council, visit their website: http://www.equityreleasecouncil.com/