When it comes to remortgaging your property, you don’t want to be stumped with a huge Conveyancing bill. Here is a guide to our Fixed Price Remortgage deal and why it gives you huge value for money.
What is included?
- Solicitor’s legal fee
- Land Registry Fees
- Land Registry Search
- Bankruptcy Searches
- Search Indemnity Insurance
- Office Copy Entries
- Electronic ID checks
- Redemption of first and subsequent charges via BACS**
- VAT and Insurance premium tax
What are the benefits to me?
- A choice of some of the UK’s top most trusted suppliers.
- Fits well if your lender gives you cash back as part of your mortgage deal.
- Legal protection — a great alternative if a lender offers ‘free legals’. Through this deal, your solicitor will act in both yours and the lender’s best interests (as opposed to just lender).
What happens if it isn’t a straightforward remortgage?
Sometimes when remortgaging your property there may be some additional work required. It may be a Buy to let or Leasehold property for example, which may require some extra time on the solicitors part.
Below you can see a list of additional extras that you can add on top of the Fixed Price Remortgage cost to create a bespoke package for your individual circumstances.
- Dealing with a Leasehold property £30 + VAT
- Dealing with a Buy to Let property £30 + VAT
- Dealing with an Unregistered property £100 + VAT + HM Land Registry fee
- Transfer of Equity Fee £225 + VAT
- Dealing with a registered Caution or Restriction £75 + VAT
- Removal of a registered Caution, Restriction or Notice £145 + VAT
- Preparing a Deed of Postponement Fee £195 + VAT
- Preparing a Declaration of Trust £195 + VAT
- Dealing with a Shared-Ownership property (with staircasing) £245 + VAT
- Dealing with a Shared-Ownership property (no staircasing) £95 + VAT
- Preparing an Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement £95 + VAT
- Preparing a Power of Attorney £95 + VAT
- Dealing with an Indemnity Policy £60 + VAT
- Processing Electronic Bank Transfers where requested £25 + VAT
- Assigning, Re-assigning or Discharging a Life Insurance policy £30 + VAT
- Amending the Legal Title at HM Land Registry £10 + VAT
- Dealing with a Defective Title £75 / hour + VAT + disbursements
- Obtaining additional documents from HM Land Registry £20 + VAT
- Dealing with an Undertaking if required by a new lender £15 + VAT
**BACS is an electronic payment method that takes 3 working days. Your client will be offered a faster Telegraphic Transfer payment method (additional cost of £30 + VAT) if it works in the client’s best interest to take this option instead.